I view counselling as a holistic process that encompasses emotional, mental, physical and spiritual aspects of client lives and the challenges they face. I believe that client issues are best addressed when understood in the context of their environment, upbringing, society and culture.
I integrate a variety of approaches into my practice, including person-centered, anti-oppression, feminist and emotionally focused therapy. Through all of this, I aim to create and hold a safe space where positive change can take place.
I offer counselling to individual youths, adults, and couples. I particularly enjoy working with people with diverse backgrounds, genders, sexual orientations, and lifestyles.
Areas of interest include:
- Depression and anxiety
- Multicultural and cross-cultural issues
- Grief and loss
- Trauma and complex PTSD
- Current or past abuse, including emotional, physical and sexual abuse.
- Living with chronic pain and disability
- Couples and relationship counselling
- Sexuality and intimacy
- Sexual health, including living with herpes and HPV
- Sexual orientation and coming out concerns
- Gender identity, including trans, genderqueer and gender nonconforming identities
- BDSM and polyamory friendly relationship counselling
I am currently taking new clients at my East Vancouver location. My standard rate, inclusive of GST, is $130 for individual counselling, and $150 for couples counselling, with sliding scale for people facing significant financial barriers. I am also registered with the Crime Victim Assistance Program.