I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor with a background in emotion management, respectful and assertive communication, and mediation. I have more than 15 years of experience working with individuals, families and organizations and more than 10 years as co-host and co-producer of "It Takes a Village" parenting and family radio program. My therapeutic approach is informed by Rogerian client-centred therapy, mindfulness and exploring interactions between emotions, thoughts and behaviour. Clients find me easy to talk to, non-judgmental, and open to a variety of viewpoints.
Areas of interest and experience include:
- Communication (workplace, family, cross-cultural, cross-generational)
- Self-esteem and assertiveness
- Career, personal growth, life transitions, work/life balance
- Anger management
- Anxiety, depression and trauma
- Parenting, pre-natal, couples counselling
- Special needs/learning differences (ADHD, Autism, Aspergers, giftedness, executive function)
- Addictions and eating disorders
- Gender identity, sexuality and sexual health
- Grief, end of life, aging, and elder issues
I offer sessions via Skype or phone if clients are unable to meet in person.
To contact me directly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can reach me via text or phone at 778.806.6200.